Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review: Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Title: Between Here and Forever
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: Young Adult
Category: Contemporary / Chicklit
Pages: 250 (Hardcover)
Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Won









Goodreads Summary: 
Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible. 

Until the accident. 

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her. 

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen. 

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...

My Thoughts:
One of the reasons I started reading this book was because when I read the summary to my boyfriend, he begged me to read the book and tell him what the secret Tess held was.  I have to admit that I was a little curious too.  As soon as I started reading it, I didn't want to stop.

Abby always felt as though she couldn't compare to her older sister.  All of the boys wanted Tess and all of the girls wanted to be Tess.  Tess was the perfect daughter and knew what to do in all situations.  Or so it seemed.  Throughout the book, Abby felt like Tess got everything she wanted and while Tess was the pretty one, Abby couldn't compare.    Sometimes I feel like Abby.  I think we all do.  There's always someone we feel as though we can't live up to.

While the main characters dealt with secrets, tragedy and acceptance, there were other characters that caught my eye.  You guessed it.  Eli.  Wowwwwie.  From the moment they described him, I was infatuated. Honestly, I don't think I've ever loved a fictional character so much.  While Eli may seem perfect on the outside, he's got a lot of issues that Abby doesn't quite see at first.  He has insecurities like Abby and throughout the story, they begin to see each other for the people they really are.  His flaws are one of the reasons that make him so lovable.

Overall, while this story drew me in and played with my emotions a bit, it didn't bring me to tears.  It made me grin like a fool and gave me butterflies, but there were no waterworks.  Most parts made me think about myself and how we all have secrets that no one quite sees just by looking at us, no matter how much we think it's written all over our faces.  I enjoyed Between Here and Forever a lot and there's no doubt that I'll be putting other books by Elizabeth Scott on my wishlist for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment