Monday, August 15, 2011

In My Mailbox on Monday

Alright, so this won't be my typical "In My Mailbox".  Those usually come on Saturdays or Sundays.  I realize that I posted the books I got just two days ago, but I have a surprise!  Last week I discovered the wonders of Powell's Books.  

After going through the YA clearance books (and there were a TON of them), I chose some books that I've been wanting priced $1.99 or less, added them to the cart only to realize that for just 22 books plus shipping, my total would be around $45.  It's crazy that shipping cost only $3.99, considering the box weighed 18 lbs.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is that on a good day I can get from 6-10 bargain books from Amazon for the same price.  So what if they're new?  I opened my Powell's box to find 22 used books in perfect condition.  The only thing wrong with one book was that the cover was just a little worn in the corner.  That's it.



books shown:  

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares
- A Bend in the Road and Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
- Bliss by Lauren Myracle
- The Pretty One by Cheryl Klam
- Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
- Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- Take Me There by Susane Colasanti
- Far from Xanadu by Julie Anne Peters
- Love, Ghosts, and Facial Hair by Steven Herrick
- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- Born Blue by Han Nolan
- Jailbait by Leslea Newman

I also got one other book in the mail today (that I won a while ago) but I'm saving that for this weekend's IMM.  I promise, now I'm absolutely done buying books for a while.  I need to read a LOT of the ones I have, so until I get a good amount of those out of the way, a book buying ban is in order.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that's a lot of books! I haven't heard of a bunch of them, but I hope you enjoy them all :)

    Stop by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books here! I really ejoyed The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Happy reading! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an awesome website, that might fuel my addiction for books some more. lol I might need to go on a book buying ban too.
    Here is my IMM this week:
    http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox5-another-borders-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot to ask, are the used copies from Powell's good or some of them are not so good?

    ReplyDelete