Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Love/Hate Relationship with Étienne St. Clair

Oh, St. Clair, every girl I've come across loves you.  I love you too.  Sometimes.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, you're crazy, Étienne St. Clair is a character from one of the most beloved books written by Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss.  He's American/British/French and perfect.  Most times, at least.  

Maybe I have something against him because of the way he makes Anna feel throughout the book.  I know that feeling all too well.  Thankfully, I'm over the whole boy drama part of my life.  That doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading it.

I just wanted to slap some sense into him.  I know he has issues, we all do, but why couldn't he see her standing there, waiting for him to realize that she was what he needed to get through everything?  There were also so many times where I gripped the book tighter as I anticipated what I thought would happen, which of course, didn't.  It never did when I thought it would.

I also love St. Clair.  He's witty and hilarious and his British accent makes me blush.  Well, the British accent that I imagine, at least...The way he cares for his friends is respectable, and that makes me glad that he's not a complete douche...like Toph, but I won't get into that right now.  

Oh, St. Clair, why must you be so difficult?

P.S. my review of Anna is coming soon!  
Should be up today or tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment